CBT – Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
The therapists at Rathbone & Associates are proud of their ability to provide CBT for adolescents and young adults. CBT recognizes that the way we think (cognition) about situations and the things we do (behavior) impact our emotions. CBT teaches young people to become aware of the way they think, modify their thoughts, recognize the impact of their actions on their emotions, and behave in more effective ways, resulting in mood improvement.
Adolescents typically respond well to this evidence-based effective treatment for anxiety, panic, depression, trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anger, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), eating disorders, and other conditions. It is easy to understand, practical and often yields results quickly.
Some of the cognitive behavioral therapies that our team provides include:
- Standard CBT
- CBT for Perfectionism
- CBT for Rumination
- Unified Protocol for Transdiagnostic Treatment of Emotional Disorders (adapted for adolescents)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Behavioral Activation (BA)
- Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT)
- Exposure and Response Prevention (E/RP)
- Prolonged Exposure (PE)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)